I've been following this story on the Fort Hood shootings that happened today and the more reactions and comments I read on the news stories the angrier I'm becoming. People can be so ignorant. They think they know anything and everything and really everything that's coming out of their mouth should just go straight down the crapper. Many people are jumping to conclusions that because he had a Muslim name he's automatically a terrorist. Some are even going as far as condemning the military for letting "someone like him" into the military and saying we should be more careful about who we enlist. This makes me absolutely furious. Just because someone is a certain religion and nationality doesn't make someone a terrorist. I thought our country was suppose to be a melting pot?? Where did all of this hate come from?
The other comments that really show stupidity are the ones that state that the military must be cowards since so many soldiers were killed and wounded and they're all carrying guns. You actually think that soldiers carry weapons around a post on AMERICAN soil on a daily basis???? Why would soldiers carry weapons around in a country where there is no local war? One comment actually had a theory that the shooter must have forced all of the soldiers in a room and shot them at point blank to have shot so many (she was also stating that soldiers are armed at all times). You really think a building full of ARMED soldiers is going to let ONE PERSON put them in a room and shoot at point blank?? He would have been dead after he fired the first shot.
My favorite comment is the one that is referring to the fact that the post was on lock-down and states that the soldiers are cowards for running and hiding. The post was on lock down to keep the shooters in and people on the outside of post safe. The emergency sirens were sounded to warn the thousands of family members to stay inside. The soldiers were sent to patrol the streets on post. How is that cowardly? These are the same cowards that spend a year or even several years of their life fighting a war to keep terrorism at bay.
America should be ashamed of it's self. If this is truly their reaction then many troops have lost their lives in OIF and OEF in vain. I wish I could slap some sense into every last one of those people and tell them to wake the hell up!!!
I haven't really been reading any of the comments because as you said, people are so idiotic and think they know everything about everything. Haven't they heard "It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt."? This country is going downhill fast in my opinion. I believe the founding fathers would be so ashamed and angry at how we have turned out. I keep hoping that it might change around for the better one day...
ReplyDeleteThat's why we have to make sure our children don't add to the stupidity- hopefully 1 day God will only let smart people live and the stupid die off quickly ;)
ReplyDelete